I offer free business coaching for freelance writers.
I’ve been a freelance writer since 2007 and a full-time freelancer since 2009.
I quit my “normal” job during a recession and decided to never go back to traditional work again. ⛔
Back then, freelancing wasn’t the major working style it is today. There was very little help for people like me. It was so uncommon that one of my first thoughts was, “Do people even do this?”
I didn’t know the answer, but I pushed forward anyway.
Today, I offer free business coaching to freelance writers.
Why? There are a few reasons:
- I want to provide the guidance I needed and couldn’t find when I started.
- I want that help to be as accessible as possible to those who need it, especially new freelancers who can’t afford to pay for a coach or mentor.
- I tried to monetize this and immediately felt my energy drop. My heart’s not in monetization when it comes to business coaching. And my heart’s not in business coaching if I’m trying to monetize it. 💔 (Full disclosure, I offer a very inexpensive premium tier that includes more availability each week and a video call option.)
- There’s so much generic advice out there for freelancers, and I want to fill in the gap with comprehensive answers that you can learn from and act on.
Plus, I live with my boyfriend, who’s also a freelance writer, and I get to routinely answer questions during the beginning stages of his career, which keeps me fresh.
I’m also totally and completely sick of “six-figure writers” who have loooooong pitches (often full of errors) that say a lot without saying anything of value and then take your money to rope you into a program that provides semi-helpful but often vague, cookie-cutter advice that doesn’t move you forward. 🤬
Instead of that, I provide 1:1 coaching customized to you.
We can go over questions like:
- Should I do a project for free?
- I don’t have a portfolio or website yet, but a potential client asked to see them.
- How much should I charge? 💰
- I have no idea how to start cold outreach! (Learn how to write a cold email ASAP.)
- Which jobs boards are the best? (I wrote about that!)
- My client keeps asking for revisions. What do I do?
(And so much more.)
Instead of giving you a broad answer, I’ll go into as much detail as possible so you get the insight you need.
For example, if you’re not sure how to respond to an email a client sent you, we’ll workshop an answer and create a fill-in-the-blank template you can use moving forward. If you’re not sure how much to charge for a project, we’ll do the math and come up with a number.
By the way: I don’t offer coaching to improve copywriting skills.
Also, if there’s a situation I don’t have experience with, I’ll be upfront about that and help you find resources for reliable information.
If you’re interested, start by filling out this inquiry form or go straight to booking a session. I can’t wait to talk to you 😊